The Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Cape Coast has been organizing Microfinance Conference since 2006. The conference has been attracting local and international participants from the industry, academia and Development Partner Institutions. The 8th in series of the Conference under the theme: The future of Microfinance: Sustainability of Microfinance Institutions and Financial Inclusion is scheduled for 9th and 10th February, 2017 at the University of Cape Coast.
Objectives of the Conference
The goal of this year’s conference is to provide a platform to share experiences and explore the reality and opportunities to harness the promise microfinance paradigm. The conference will bring together all stakeholders to help achieve its goal. Specifically the conference will seek to:
Track how microfinance has evolved in Ghana and explore the possible ways of making MFIs in Ghana sustainable;
Share experiences on the use of digitized financial services in promoting inclusive finance;
Share cross-country evidence on how microfinance regulation has contributed to financial inclusion;
Discuss the prospects of Microfinance Institutions (MFIs) that will lead to rebuilding the confidence in the microfinance sector
- Evolution, collapse and sustainability of MFIs:
- Digitization and financial inclusion:
- Regulation and Inclusive Finance:
- Prospects of microfinance in Ghana:
SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS 30th September, 2016
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE 15th October, 2016
REGISTRATION OPENS 1st November, 2016
SUBMISSION OF FULL PAPERS 31st December, 2016
Registration fee for the conference is GHC 150 This does not include accommodation.
- To register for the programme, please click on this link http://goo.gl/forms/MXliUaNekaR2Xay63, complete and send it as an attachment to the Co-ordinator.
- You can also fill the form in the advertisement and send it as an attachment or by post to the Co-ordinator at the address below.
- Graduate students will be required to pay 75% (GHC 100) of the registration fee. Evidence of studentship will be required.
- Payment of registration fees should be made into the account below:Account Name: Microfinance Conference
Bank: National Investment Bank
Branch: Cape Coast
Further details about the conference can be obtained from the following: 0244718204/ 0322137720/0322135561
Participants are required to make their own arrangements for accommodation.
SAMRIT HOTEL: +233332133219/244438184/266675316
CAPITAL HILL: +233540395333/2744455591
INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION CHALETS: +233244528588/542013369
SASAKAWA CHALETS: +233205866305/332130797/Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
SCHOOL OF BUSINESS GUEST HOUSE: +233332090180